Mar 09 2012 • Posted by admin
New Bedford Solar Now
PROGRAM MANAGER: Scope of Services
(Resume and cover letter due March 29th, 2012)
New Bedford Solar Now is a residential program to engage and mobilize eligible New Bedford homeowners to install solar on their homes. This will reduce City residents’ electricity bills, increase local jobs, and improve local environmental health.
NB Solar Now is part of New Bedford Energy Now, and this position is supported by a Fund of the Community Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts. NB Energy Now Partners include: the City of New Bedford, BlueWave Capital LLC, Beaumont Solar, Real Goods Solar, SEEAL’s SouthCoast Energy Challenge, Marion Institute’s P.O.W.E.R. Project, Old Bedford Village Development Corps, and Next Step Living.
Program Manager Role:
The primary focus of the Program Manager will be to drive and track demand for home solar assessments and solar installations in the City of New Bedford, MA. The Program Manager will be responsible for achieving specific benchmarks as outlined by the partnership. The Program Manager will work closely with and alongside City staff, sustainability groups, schools, businesses, and congregations, to help educate and engage town residents on solar power—and to help them sign up for a free home solar assessment. The Program Manager will be responsible for post assessment visits with residents, to maximize follow-through on installation recommendations and financing opportunities. Solar trainings will be provided—from the basics of how solar works and which homeowners fit the right criteria, to the more technical aspects of financing and installation process and steps. Grant-funded position; reliant on program productivity and availability of funds. Contractors welcome. This is a full-time position.
Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate with NB Energy Now projects and partners, on core strategies and implementation.
• Provide overall management and support for NB Solar Now.
• Meet NB Solar Now benchmarks for number of assessments performed and solar systems installed.
• Develop and distribute materials, resources, and presentations.
• Organize and facilitate project events and workshops.
• Outreach within New Bedford, to include phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, and events.
• Collect customer information, maintain solar database, and document individual homeowner progress.
• Filter leads (online mapping) to access homeowners’ eligibility for solar (i.e.: orientation, no shading, etc.)
• Follow-up (phone, email, and vehicle travel) with leads to ensure quality customer service and satisfaction.
• Assist in maintenance and enhancement of technical resources, such as website and data collection.
• Write and submit reports, newsletter articles, press releases, and grant proposals.
• Recruit and oversee volunteers and interns to assist with outreach, data collection, reporting, etc.
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
• Valid driver’s license and/or access to reliable transportation
• A solid understanding of energy and sustainability-related issues.
• Capacity to learn in a complex, past-faced environment, with ingoing in-depth orientation and trainings.
• Experience in sales, marketing, grassroots organizing, and/or program management.
• Proficiency with navigating and managing spreadsheets and data.
• Ability to work both independently and with a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Persistence, flexibility, creativity, and enthusiasm.
• Preference will be given to a New Bedford resident.
• Basic ability to communicate in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
For more information, please contact email@example.com, or call (508) 493-4343.
Please email resume and cover letter no later than March 29th, at 5 p.m., to above email address,
or mail to: Community Foundation, Attn: NB Solar, 63 Union Street, New Bedford, MA 02740.