Here are some of the best tips for saving money on laundry.
- Wash and dry several loads at once, so that your dryer isn’t completely cooled down when it heats up for the next load.
- Avoid over-drying your clothes. It wastes energy, plus causes static and wrinkling.
- Separate wash loads into light and heavy fabrics for the shortest drying times. Or better yet – air-dry your lightest fabrics.
- Vent your dryer to the outside to reduce the workload on your air conditioner.
- Wash full loads of clothes when possible. When smaller loads are necessary, use less water.
- Hang dress clothing to air dry on portable laundry racks; they will also look better.
- Clean the dryer lint filter before every load to keep your dryer running efficiently.