ONLINE MEDIA & MARKETING INTERNSHIP: SUMMER 2012
About the Challenge:
The Southeastern Environmental Education Alliance (SEEAL) has launched the SouthCoast Energy Challenge to engage and mobilize residents to become more thoughtful and efficient energy consumers. The program aims to reduce energy consumption by 15% among 35,000 SouthCoast households over three years.
The primary focus of the SouthCoast Energy Challenge Online Media and Marketing Intern will be to aid in the logistics of program marketing and online promotion. The successful intern will work closely with the Program Coordinators to promote the Challenge through regular blogging, extensive social networking, and website updates. Time can be divided between the SEEAL office, at 400 Slocum Rd in Dartmouth and out of office work, but the intern will be expected to maintain a regular schedule of productivity. The Online Marketing & Media intern should have a solid background in writing, skills with content management systems such as Drupal or WordPress, and extensive experience with social networking tools. A writing sample is requested. We are seeking college aged or older applicants for this position, and requesting a four month commitment with the potential of staying on into the Fall of 2012.
• Competent and engaging blogging about events, and other Challenge-relevant subjects.
• Social Media & Networking—for every blog post there should be a corresponding facebook and twitter post!
• Website updating, Contact/Registrant database maintenance and expansion
• Attend special events to support the Challenge.
• Strong, demonstrated computer skills, including: WordPress, Social Media, MS Office Suite, Drupal
• Writing/editing skills
• Interest in energy and sustainability-related issues
• Comfortable speaking to the public
• Personal computer/laptop
• Aged 18 or older
• Persistence, flexibility, attention to detail, creativity, and enthusiasm!!
OUTREACH & COMMUNITY ORGANIZING INTERNSHIP: SUMMER 2012
The primary focus of the SouthCoast Energy Challenge Outreach & Organizing Interns will be community outreach through canvassing and tabling at events to spread awareness and increase participation in the Challenge. The successful interns will work closely with the Program Coordinators to organize and promote the Challenge in the Greater New Bedford area, with an initial focus on Dartmouth. While some of the work will be in the SouthCoast Energy Challenge Dartmouth Initiative office, the Organizing Team will be expected to work predominantly in the community at large. We are seeking college aged or older applicants for these positions, and requesting a two semester commitment with the possibility of staying on into the Fall of 2012.
• Neighborhood canvassing & tabling at events
• Meeting agreed upon numbers of the new Challenge registrations per week
• Weekly blog posts about related topics
• Contact/Registrant database maintenance and expansion—including entering hard copy registrations into the system.
• A demonstrated interest in energy and sustainability-related issues
• Eagerness for learning and practicing grassroots organizing skills
• Excellent social skills—ability to fearlessly talk to anyone!
• Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders, both individually and as a team
• Persistence, flexibility, creativity, and enthusiasm
• Valid driver’s license and personal transportation
• Aged 18 or older.
Timeline & Compensation:
Beginning May 21, 2012: Internship days will be primarily Monday-Friday, with flexibility in consideration of school schedules. Interns are also required to work two Saturdays a month to support special events. Internship hours negotiable upon hiring, but will require 10-12 hours per week. For more information, visit www.SouthCoastEnergyChallenge.org. Contact: email@example.com or call 508-910-1871.
Please submit resume and cover letter no later than May 5, 2012 to:
Andy Erickson, Community Organizer, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: SEEAL attn: Online Media & Marketing Internship, 63 Union Street, New Bedford, MA 02740